The Omnia S1 is a purpose-built audio equipment that performs both as a Server and a Receiver (a.k.a Renderer or Streamer) for your Digital Audio collection. The Server and Renderer are both DLNA/UPnP compatible, therefore allowing the flexibility of streaming music stored on the Omnia S1 to other DLNA/UPnP compatible renderers; and also streaming music from other DLNA/UPnP compatible servers to the Omnia S1. You can choose to use any DLNA/UPnP compatible controller software (e.g. Bubble UPnP) with the Omnia.
The firmware used for the Omnia S1 is based on Google’s Android operating system. A custom audio driver and hardware were developed which are used by the Renderer to send bit-perfect digital audio via the digital outputs. It also allows Hi-Res PCM audio, DSD(DoP) and I2S playback through a compatible DAC.
1. The ARM CPU and firmware handle 32-bit/768kHz and DSD1024 decoding of any available music format.
2. Audio Processing Decoupled from CPU: To isolate the audio processing from performance degradation due to high CPU utilization or signal drop-off due to wireless congestion, the Omnia Audio Processor Unit (OAP Unit) operates independently from the CPU and provides caching of digital music and completely eliminates jitter.
Being a digital transport without the moving parts of a disc based system, the performance of the Omnia S1 surpasses most CD transports. The dedicated firmware designed for low latency playback enables a superior quality compared to typical PC or ARM based offerings.
- Refer to the above illustration from left to right:
- AC socket
- USB 3.0 port for hard disk and system upgrade use
- Coaxial output (PCM up to 192kHz and DoP format DSD64)
- Optical output (PCM up to 192kHz and DoP format DSD64)
- I2S output (PCM 32K to 768K, DSD64 to DSD1024)
- HDMI display output (video only)
- 4 X USB 2.0 ports for mouse, keyboard, WiFi dongle, and hard disk.
- RJ45 ethernet port
- Hardware reset button
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow,T1.5A, 250VAC
- Dimension: 281mm x 235mm x 55mm
- Package Weight: 4kg
I2S Port Specification
Supported Audio Formats
AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DSF, DXD, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
16bits, 24bits, 32bits
PCM: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384 KHz
DSD: 2.8MHz (optical and coaxial outputs), 45.2MHz (I2S)