Jeff Rowland 535 Power Amplifier
A bridgeable power amplifier that delivers stunning dynamic realism and expressive refinement. Housed in a chassis milled from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum, the Model 535 features an innovative topology that epitomizes power and efficiency.
From a single Model 535 in stereo mode at the core of an intimate audio system, up to multiple bridged units powering a complex home theater setup, down to a bridged pair driving a sophisticated two-channel environment, the Model 535 delivers exquisite resolution, authority, and control to speakers of almost any size and any load.
Watch the video showing the amazing process of machining Jeff Rowland chassis and front panels.
MODEL 535 FEATURES -
- MACHINED ALUMINUM CHASSIS - Precision-machined chassis milled from a solid block of aircraft grade 6061–T6 aluminum, provides exceptional thermal heat transfer/dissipation, RFI/EMI shielding, and resonance control.
- CERAMIC INPUT CIRCUIT BOARD -Input circuitry, comprised of a precision instrumentation amplifier, is implemented on mil–spec, low dielectric constant, Rogers™ ultra-rigid ceramic circuit board substrate for extremely low energy retention and absorption.
- BALANCED TOPOLOGY - Inherent cancellation effects of balance topology ensures greatly reduced distortion and noise under dynamic signal conditions.
- HIGH-PRECISION SURFACE MOUNT COMPONENTS - Extensive use of Lead (pb)-free, low temperature coefficient, active and passive surface-mount components results and significantly smaller loop areas, reduced circuit capacitance and inductance and introduces less noise than conventional leaded components.
- THIN FILM RESISTORS - All resistors are low noise, 0.1% thin–film type for extremely low thermal noise which complement the lownoise characteristics of the active circuitry.
- TEFLON COATED WIRES - All signal carrying input and output wires are silver with teflon insulation for low dielectric energy storage, further ensuring that each audio note reproduced naturally decays into the deeper silence of the music.
- TRANSFORMER-COUPLING AND ISOLATION - Custom designed Input Transformers, wound with Cardas “six nines” copper wire, provide universal component compatibility and virtually eliminate ground loop noise and RFI/EMI. Transformer coupling ensures identical amplifier overall gain when using unbalanced input adapters.
- ACTIVE POWER FACTOR CORRECTION - Power Factor Correction (PFC) in the power supply reduces AC line harmonic noise pollution and increases AC line power utilization to 99%
- HIGH EFFICIENCY SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLY - Highly efficient, compact, light weight switch-mode power supply provides optimum voltage regulation for all circuits and operating conditions and allows for a quiet operation over a wide range of AC mains power sources. Power supply capacitance has been increased 100% to improve overall performance under demanding operating conditions.
- OUTPUT BINDING POSTS - Three CE approved speaker output terminals require no tools for secure, low resistance connections.
- FLEXIBLE 15 AMP AC POWER - 15 amp AC power inlet accepts of wide variety of after market high-performance power cables.
- FRONT PANEL STANDBY SWITCH - Illuminated front panel push-button switches the amplifier into standby mode (<0.3 watt consumption).
- REAR PANEL REMOTE JACK - 12V 3.5 mm jack on rear panel permits amplifier power on/standby switching in remote and home theater applications.
- BRIDGING CAPABILITY - Rear panel “bridging” switch for easy conversion to a mono bridge amplifier. Separate mono input and output connectors allow for an easy and “fool proof” mono bridging configuration. Bridged amplifier gain is automatically maintained at the same level as stereo amplifier gain for easy implementation into multiamplifier systems.
MODEL 535 SPECIFICATIONS -
Maximum Output Power: 250 watts @ 8 ohms / 500 watts @ 4 ohms 900 watts @ 8 ohms BTL (bridge-tied load)
Frequency Response: 5 Hz – 70 kHz, -3 dB
Output Noise: 40 Microvolts A weighted
Input Impedance: 40k ohms
THD + Noise: < 0.05%, 20 Hz -20 kHz
Damping Factor: > 1000 @ 1 kHz
Overall Gain / Bal. or Unbal.: 26 dB Stereo/Bridged
Peak Output Current: 30 Amps
Dynamic Range: 120 dB (A) /124 dB (A) Bridged
Inputs: 1 pair Balanced Stereo/ 1 input Balanced Mono
Outputs: 1 pair binding posts Stereo/ 1 output Mono
Mains Input Voltage: 85-265 VAC
Amplifier Weight: 22 lbs/ 9.79 kgs
Amplifier Dimensions: (h/w/d) 3.4” X 15.5” X 11.0” / 86 X 394 X 279 (H x W x D)
Intermodulation Distortion: (CCIF) 0.0015%
Intermodulation Distortion: (TIM) 0.0035%