Brinkmann's referens RIAA.
The »Edison« phono stage is the perfect choice for all discerning audiophiles who a) want to extract maximum sound quality from their vinyl treasures and /or b) want to use more than one tonearm.
The »Edison« offers three balanced RCA inputs, two of these are also available in XLR. Each input can be individually optimized in terms of gain (16 steps) and load (12 steps between 50 Ohms and 47 kOhms) for the attached cartridge. A 1:1 input transformer of superb quality can be switched in or out for each input. All the settings are saved in an EPROM when another input is selected (either by button or by remote control). All special adjustments like gain, xfmr or mono are only set when you select that special input where you had those adjustments before.
The »Edison’s« highly innovative circuitry uses bipolar transistors and selected NOS Telefunken tubes. The EQ is switchable from RIAA to IEC and is implemented partially as plate load and partially as feedback loop. The phase inversion for the balanced outputs is handled by a third tube stage. Visually as well as sonically, the »Edison« complementsthe »Marconi« line stage perfectly.
Due to different demands from different customers, there are now two different models of the »Edison« available. The version “mono” has a switch for the selection between stereo and mono. The version “phase” features a phase selection that can be switched between 0° and 180°.
"»The Edison sounds pure. And he is addictive. He lets the music shine so relaxed and at the same time involving, so colourful but also precise, an experience that I only had in rare moments before. Maybe there is some competition that plays more precise. Or better: competition that appears to play more precise. The Edison counters effortlessly with musical flow and this always fascinating integrity that is outstanding in my opinion. I rarely experienced such a direct and intensive access to music.«"
Stefan Gawlik »Hifi & Records«
• THD/IM distortion: 0,01%/0,05%
• S/N ratio MM/MC: 82/78 dBA
• Frequency response: DC ... 250 kHz
• Gain adjustable, max: 66 dB
• Output voltage maximum: ± 12 V symmetrical
• Output impedance: 600 Ohm symmetrical
• Input impedance MC: 47 Ohm ... 47 kOhm
• Input capacitance MM: 50 pF
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 420 x 95 x 310 mm (with granite base); power supply 120 x 80 x 160 mm
• Weight: 12 kg; granite base 12 kg; power supply 3,2 kg
• Included in delivery: phono preamplifier, power supply, power cord, granite base